If you missed or want to re-watch a session from Half-Earth Day 2021, anyone can now watch videos of every plenary session, panel, and short film from the day in the showcase here.
Sessions range from Science and Conservation, Education, and Business and Community tracks, to plenaries like How to Save the Natural World, a conversation with E.O. Wilson and Sir David Attenborough, moderated by Sir Tim Smit. The day’s presenters and panelists included distinguished scientists, conservationists, educators, and business leaders, including Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim, Razan Al Mubarak, and Johan Rockström, discussing the path to Half-Earth, and saving global biodiversity.
Several members of our BGC Center community were featured throughout the event. Below we list each session and which of our members contributed!
- Half-Earth Day 2021: Evidence and Scientific Foundations - Featuring Walter Jetz, Aurore Maureaud, and Stefan Pinkert
- Half-Earth Day 2021: Perspectives and Approaches - Featuring Walter Jetz
- Half-Earth Day 2021: Solutions for Biodiversity and People - Featuring Walter Jetz
- Half-Earth Day 2021: Half-Earth Project Map Update - Featuring Scott Rinnan
- Half-Earth Day 2021: Plenary Session “How to Save the Natural World” - Featuring an introduction with Walter Jetz